Saturday, August 21, 2010

Great Dream?! Really?!

"Great dream last night. Kim and I were walking down the street when all of a sudden we get ambushed and dragged into a child-molester van."

Arcade Fire - "Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)"

That first sentence was a draft from a blog I apparently started, was interrupted by something, and never came back to finish. In what way is being "dragged into a child-molester van" ever a "great" thing?! How does that sentence ever come together?! Obviously I only have these questions now because I can't remember the rest of the dream.

I imagine it ended with us relaxing on a beach somewhere - me with a cigar and drink in hand, Kim with a magazine and an Arnold Palmer - laughing about how awesome that prank was with the child-molester van. It probably didn't end with us being brutally beaten and abused, hogtied, and left for dead in the Mojave Desert as Komodo dragons circled our helpless persons. Just saying, that second part wouldn't classify as a "great dream". Not even in my sick, twisted head.

No comments:

Post a Comment